http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1721954,00.html (Is Our Happiness Preordained?)
Okay, so this article takes it one step too far. I am always saying to myself, that the world today has to find a way to "classify everything", and uses that classification as an excuse to not strive towards constant improvement. If you ask me, that way of thinking is a mockery to the wonderful creation that is the human body. Choice is a wonderful thing we have, and it is being slowly etched into people's minds that we don't really have a choice, because my gene's tell me that I'm not going to be happy how hard I try. So, to tell someone that they cannot be happy because their gene's say otherwise is ridiculous. Happiness is a choice, not a result of your gene's. Now, I did not read the entire article and I hope that it gets better, but I stopped because science is trying to tell me that my happiness is dependent on my genetics. What's next, are they going to say that I can't be happy by watching a comedy because my gene's don't coincide with a happy life? Maybe that's an exaggeration, but to anyone who reads this I want them to understand that I, you, and anyone else can be happy. The choice is ours. I can have a happy life, and I can enjoy it to the fullest. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Think of Rudy. Quoting from the movie, his dad tells him, "Notre Dame is for rich kids, Smart Kids, IT'S NOT FOR US". Well I hate to break it to you Mr. Ruddiger, your son proved you wrong. He went to college, graduated, and the majority of his younger brothers and sisters did too because of Rudy's example! Look at a story like that and tell me that the gene's in his family stopped him from pushing, and pulling his way to his goal. He did it!
With that thought, I leave you. Let me know what you think!
10 years ago



5 comments:
My mission president's wife always said the same thing. Happiness is a choice. She didn't live a perfect life free of problems, but she was always happy. Why? Because she chose happiness. I agree 100%.
I concur, totally a choice! What's the saying,
Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. I think that's how it goes.
That sounds right. As I read the article more, it appeared as if their research did not have a very solid foundation for such presumptions.
here here... I agree too... :o) Happiness is a state of mind... even tho struggles come our way. The struggle makes us strong and teaches us eternal principles.
MOM
here here... I agree too... :o) Happiness is a state of mind... even tho struggles come our way. The struggle makes us strong and teaches us eternal principles.
MOM
Post a Comment